IOP Programs in
Addiction Recovery Services
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
’ Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program (IOP)
ABOUT OUR IOP PROGRAM
Intensive Outpatient Program
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (commonly referred to as IOP) consists of group therapy and education for three hours a day, four days a week for 5 weeks (20 sessions in total.) The length of treatment may be extended depending on individual needs and progress during the initial 20 sessions. Intensive Outpatient Treatment at ARS also includes weekly consultation with a board certified addiction psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner at no additional charge. Many programs do not offer this benefit. Medications such as suboxone,
Please use this free resource to better understand our Intensive Outpatient Program. If you have additional questions you would like addressed, please schedule an appointment or arrange for an individual assessment by calling one of our counselors at 978.228.5853.
Our IOP is an ideal setting for:
- People returning from an inpatient detox or residential program.
- People that wish to continue working and living at home while in treatment.
- People that are seeking help for the first time or that are uncertain of the amount of help they might need.
- People with untreated mental health symptoms contributing to their substance use.
- Relationship conflict, difficulty with emotions such as anger, sadness, and boredom, and negative thinking lead to the use of drugs and alcohol and problematic mental health symptoms. With that in mind, groups at ARS include discussions and skill building activities about communication and improving relationships, changing our thoughts, identifying and coping with our emotions and having fun.
Where to find help - Local Resources
Evidence-based group therapy, family education
and medication management with a unique focus
on the mental health symptoms accompanying addiction.
To schedule an admission interview with the intake counselors at Addiction Recovery Services, or if you have questions, feel free to call or text us at . We can also be reached via email at email@example.com.
If you are looking to speak to someone regarding absences or tardiness to an IOP session, please call the office lines directly.
Portsmouth, NH Office Number: 603.433.6250
Salem, NH Office Number